Friday 19 July 2013

Where I Belong

Join me in the Five Minute Friday Challenge hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. Participants write for 5 minutes with no editing, no over thinking, and no backtracking. This week’s word is: Belong.


(Go)

I’ve been doing a lot of burden carrying of late. I have to remind myself all the time what God’s word tells us to do with them. Take them and put them where they belong. In His hands. At his feet.

And then there’s the constant urge to run away. To forget reality. To go eat ice cream or cake or chocolate. Or all three. To go shopping. To get to the beach. Just away from this house. This mess. These children. Who I really do love but Mama just wants a break. Yeah? Yeah!

But I belong here. In the midst of all this. It’s what God has called me to. In this season. It’s my right now and thankfully not forever. I am blessed to be here (if I stop and really think about it). So I will stay… And just eat a bit of cake every now and then.


When you're dull from all that glitters,
when you're thoughts have a hollow ring,
and you can't escape from the feeling
you're getting it wrong...

All your foolproof plans seem foolish,
all your status is status quo,
all you really need to know
is where you belong.

[Chorus]
Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Look full in His wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow
strangely dim in the light
of His glory and grace.

 (Newsboys)

(Stop)


Now, your turn…

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy, I linked up right after you at Lisa-Jo's and I am so glad that I did! I had one of those "run-away-and-stuff-my-face" days today and it was a blessing to be encouraged by you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - how cool is that?! God knows and he knew we should be neighbours today. Grateful to have been used by him. Great big blessings to you :)

      Delete
  2. Let them eat cake I say! I will stay here with you and eat cake too, ok? :) Now what kind would you like on this fine Friday? I am thinking carrot cake with cream cheese frosting sounds good for some reason. We can take it to the beach to eat it, and then after we can do the shopping cause we will probably need a new pants size from eating all of the cake . HAHA! In all seriousness though, although not a mom yet I do know the feeling of wanting to escape stress and burdens. I also have sung the chorus to that song you posted before :) Nice post. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... Well come on over and lets go find some cake!! We needed to pick an order up from a shop near the beach yesterday. I slept in and hadn't eaten brekky yet. So (shucks) hubby very kindly got me a slice of banana bread and a mocha from McCafe on the way. We did also end up sitting in a sunny park next to the beach for a bite of lunch later. I even managed to sneek in a quick moment in a craft shop and get some girly stuff while the boys waited outside. Huzzah! Seems the only thing missing was a sweet friend :) Blessings.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I have my fair share of cake days, and now that I am raising teens, multiple cake days! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say a prayer for all my cake eating friends next time I sink my teeth into a slice! Bless you heaps :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...