Monday 18 February 2013

Liebster Award


Have you heard about the Liebster Award?

undefined

I had never heard of until I was nominated this past week. Twice!

It turns out it’s an award bloggers give to one another to help spread word of newer or little known blogs. To get one means the person who gave it to you appreciates the work you do.  So, I especially want to thank Rebekah at We Live Inspired for nominating me.  

What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. (Thank you again to Rebekah for this info).

Each award comes with instructions that vary somewhat. My instructions are as follows:

  1. List 5 facts about yourself
  2. Answer 5 questions given to you from your nominator
  3. Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
  4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
  5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
  6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog

Here goes…

Five random things about me:

  1. Hi, my name is Lizzy and I’m an antique-aholic... For years I dreamed of renovating an old house. God has blessed us with just that. We are up to our elbows in it and loving nursing our 130ish year old house back to beautiful. This also has provided a handy excuse to spend all our pocket money on vintage furniture (most of which needs some love too) to go in it.

  1. As a child I took Physical Culture (often called Physie) classes. A kind of dance.

  1. I finished high-school and subsequently began university at age sixteen. Not because I’m particularly smart, but because my family moved states partway through the school year (grade 3) and I got moved up a grade to keep in line with the number of years I’d been at school.

  1. I have a degree in Languages and Applied Linguistics. Which when translated means I spent three years learning to talk, or analyse it, or something. Seriously though, I majored in Spanish and Linguistics with Italian as my elective.

  1. I asked my hubby what else I should add… He wants you to know that he’s tall, dark, and handsome. Oh and that we have five dining tables. Don’t worry they’re spread around the house; one in the dining room, one in the rumpus room, one in the guestroom kitchenette, and two in my craft/sewing room.


Now to answer the five questions:

  1. Why did you start your blog and what is the meaning behind your blog name?
 I have wanted to write ever since I was a child. At the tender age of ten or eleven I decided I was going to write a novel and set out to do just that. I think I got about three or four A4 pages in before the novelty wore off. I was still pretty impressed with myself. That was a lot of writing for a kid. The dream has always been there tucked away just waiting for something to write about. The last couple of years have seen me writing a few short stories for my own children.
Last year though the urge was getting stronger again and God was stirring some dreams in my heart. The name ‘Peculiar Treasure’ had been rattling around my head for a few months. Eventually I decided it was time to follow the prompting. Peculiar Treasure is both the way God sees us as well as a description for the things I like to write about; moments with meaning that are treasures because of what they can teach us -  and because we choose to see them that way.

  1. Besides blogging, what do you like to do for fun?
 I love to read - books make great company. I love to create. I design and hand sew teddy bears. I finally learnt to use a sewing machine a couple of years ago so I’ve been experimenting with a few other designs as well. I also love to garden and cook desserts.

  1. Name an annoying little habit about yourself or something sort of odd that you do.
 I cut my own hair; saves a heap instead of going to the hairdresser every month. But then I’m always running my fingers through making sure it’s even. 

  1. If you had to eat the same food for dinner every night , what would it be?
 Roast lamb and veggies (pototo, pumpkin, carrot, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic) with homemade gravy. Yummmmmm…(getting hungry just thinking about it).

  1. What is your favorite animal and why?
 Guinea pigs. They’re on the smaller side of life (did I mention I love miniatures), they’re cute and cuddly, you can interact with them. They have personality. They don’t take up too much space.


5 new questions:

What or who is your greatest inspiration for blogging?
What is your earliest memory?
Do you collect anything? If so, what?
What do you like most about yourself?
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?


And the nominees are:


Take a moment to read what they have to say. I certainly enjoy following their journeys. 

PS - The other Liebster award I was nominated for is a category about my special needs son…I’ll answer those questions for you soon!

1 comment:

  1. arghhh...me and the silly cat. I am retyping this too you because kitty just decided to put paw up and delete the last bit I wrote right before I hit send. Do your guinea pigs have a penchant for getting all over your lap only when the keyboard is out " ;) I had a fun time reading your answers-you have lots of interesting things to say. I also cut my own hair..and Matt's too. Started out of necessity, but now with the money we probably save for 2 of us in a year's time, I think it is worth it! I haven't had a "proper" salon hair cut in over a decade, but long hair is easy to cut at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...