Since my last post about Squishy Men I've had a few requests for a how to. I've also had time to think of a few adjustments to make it better. So without further ado...
Squishy Man 3.0
You will need:
1 Pattern (found here)
Cotton fabric – print or plain for outer; calico for lining (though you could use whatever you’ve got)
Brown/black embroidery thread
Wool/yarn (for hair)
Needles – 1 embroidery; 1 wool
¼ cup (dry) rice, roughly ground.
- Cut 4 pattern pieces.
- 2 of lining
- 2 of main fabric
- Sew darts in all four pieces.
- Sew lining pieces together leaving a small opening for filling (pattern allows for a 5mm seam).
- Fill and sew opening closed. Set aside.
- Embroider a face onto 1 piece of main fabric (I used 4 strands).
- Mouth: back stitch
- Eyes: colonial knots
- With right sides together, sew main pieces, leaving an opening for inserting inside part. Turn.
- Insert insides and hand stitch closed using ladder stitch (twice for extra strength).
- Using wool needle pull several strands of wool/yarn through the top of the head (in a line) and knot. Trim to desired length.
- You should now be holding your very own Squishy Man!
With Christmas fast approaching these would make great stocking stuffers.
NB: You are welcome to make as many as you like for yourself or family and friends. Please respect my copyright and do not make them to sell/for a profit. Thanks.