Friday 1 November 2013

On Eating An Elephant

Join me in the Five Minute Friday Challenge hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. Participants write for 5 minutes with no editing, no over thinking, and no backtracking. This week’s word is: Grace.


(Go)



The piles pile up.

The mess gathers round.

I am tired – at the most inconvenient of times.

The pinching nerves in my shoulders keep a steady stream of ache in my arms.

I feel like I have been served more than I can chew some days.

And yet…

This is all part of His plan.

He has allowed these things.

He has blessed me with these things.

I do not mean to complain.

I want to enjoy what I have.

To live.

Fully alive.

My kind of adventure is probably not the same as yours.

Neither are my victories.

Life has taught me to celebrate the little things;

To see, and to seek, the beauty in each day.

And as I learn to love myself and others where we are at-

To extend grace to each moment.

I am grasping just how

To eat an elephant,

One small bite at a time.


(Stop)

Now, your turn…




6 comments:

  1. "To see, and to seek, the beauty in each day." There are days when we really need push ourselves to SEEK it, aren't there? And yet, when we do, there it is! He is faithful!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seek and you shall find! This has certainly been true for me this past few days. He is so very faithful indeed... Bless you heaps :)

      Delete
  2. Returning the visit from FMF. I'm so sorry for your struggle, but so thankful that His sufficient grace is producing this kind of inspiration in the midst of weakness. Your thoughts remind me of something my husband says..."By the yard it's hard, but by the inch it's a cinch." You have my utmost respect for finding victory in the midst of pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what a great quote! Will have to remember that one. Thanks for returning the visit. Blessings :)

      Delete
  3. You bless me with this perspective. And this reminder that one bit at a time, one bite at a time, is all we're meant to chew on. Even if life tries to shove more like 10 bites at a time into our mouths. Love you sister friend. HEAPS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy. I am blessed to know you. Thanks for the encouragement. xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...