This one is a family favourite around here. Most of you are probably familiar with what’s involved. I am going to share how we like to make them. It’s quick, it’s simple, and makes minimum mess too (bonus points for that!).
You will need:
1-2 packets of plain corn chips (depending how many mouths you need to feed)
1 jar salsa (we like mild)
1 tin brown lentils
Salad greens of your choice
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180oC/ 350F
- Drain and rinse lentils. Place in a small mixing bowl and stir in salsa.
- In a large baking dish (I’m feeding a family of boys here) place a layer of corn chips.
- Top with a third of the lentil and salsa mix. Sprinkle on some cheese.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have about 3 layers worth or have used up all the ingredients.
- Cook until cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh herbs. (We like to use parsley, shallots, and oregano from our garden).
- Mash avocado.
- Serve with a generous dollop of avocado on top and salad on the side.
|My dinner tonight. Yummo!|